Care Center Volunteers
To provide assistance to the golf program in care centers, assisted living, and/or rehab clinics to ensure that every resident is provided with the opportunity to participate in putting activity.
Under the supervision of Fore Hope staff.
- Wesley Glen Care Center
- Arrive as scheduled, or notify Fore Hope staff when you will be late or unable to work.
- Notify Fore Hope staff or Care Center Activity Director of any needed items, problems, concerns, or progress you have noted following each group/individual lesson
- Organize the equipment required for each session
- Explain the rules and demonstrate the action
- Assist the resident (as needed) in completing each activity with maximum independence in order to encourage him/her to acknowledge their strengths and abilities
- Remind and assist residents to and from activity area as needed
- Provide an atmosphere of acceptance and support which fosters a desire to participate at the individual's highest level of ability
- Knowledge of wheelchair mobility (provided by Fore Hope)
- Assist and encourage resident participation in the putting program
- Ensure that each session is fun
- Must be comfortable working with elderly
- Must respect and value frail elderly
- Must have the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Must be free of criminal record
- Must have a friendly, outgoing personality